Saturday, November 27, 2010

Revelations


My apologies to my handful of followers for my long hiatus from this blog. Ironically, it is not because things have gotten worse, it is because things have gotten busy. I will confess that I don't have a theme for this blog. There is so much to shed "lyte" on, but I can't seem to narrow my focus or to find a shared thread among the chaos.

Now that we are officially a duel-income family, the days fly by. Everyone has a full plate and since my husband and I are still carting our kids around to their activities, I don't have a lot of time to mull over things like I used to do. I have also taken a media break; skipping the cable news, glancing occasionally at the paper, and rarely going online to catch up.

I don't go on Facebook very much. I am finding that I prefer my friendships to be of the face to face variety, or at least phone to phone. My whole life has undergone such a fundamental shift over these past few months, I scarcely recognize myself. I am figuring out what I really want in my life, and what I need to let go of.

OMG! I am undergoing a midlife crisis. Who knew? I have been so focused on the basics of survival and crawling out of the wreckage of a former life, that until I wrote these words I did not realize that I am undergoing a seminal right of passage. Well, this makes things a lot more interesting. Now I have something to mull over in the spare nanoseconds between one thing and another. Now I have a unifying thread I can cling to in the maelstrom. I have found my focus and (gasp!) it is going to be me. Stay tuned my faithful few....

No comments:

Post a Comment