Saturday, May 22, 2010

Breathing


I am shedding some "lyte" on survival today. It is amazing how you can find your equilibrium in even the worst of times. Yes, we have no money. Yes, my husband is still unemployed. Yes, the creditors have descended in a calling frenzy. But, that's okay.

Sometimes when what you fear the most finally happens, a sense of relief kicks in. And that's where I am at right now. When the awful moment passes and you find that you're still breathing, that life does continue on and even happiness is possible, a weird sense of contentment develops.

I must admit, there are times when "fear takes the wheel and steers" in the immortal words of Incubus. But I just keep breathing. The fact that I am still employed helps tremendously. I can bury myself for nine hours. And then I sleep for another eight hours. So there are only 7 hours in a day when panic can creep in and that is happening less and less. I am also working out everyday and really helps keep the jim jams away. But really, we're okay.

This experience is an intense exercise in faith, but I will blog about that another day. For now, all I am going to do is breathe in and breathe out.

No comments:

Post a Comment